Games I am sad were never made...

Games I am sad were never made…

Over the years, I’ve created quite a few comics about games that I am glad were never made. I decided to change it up a little and write an article about a few games that I think actually should be made. Let’s see if you agree.

Pokémon Snap 3DS

A new Pokémon Snap game for the Nintendo 3DS is a no brainer. Using the 3DS’ built in augmented reality you could interact with and photograph Pokémon in a real world environment. Doesn’t matter if it’s your living room, school or favorite restaurant. As long as the system can detect some sort of reference object it will work. Doesn’t that sound like fun?

Ultimate Mega Man Collection

I know Capcom released the Mega Man Anniversary Collection back in ’04, but this would be different. Imagine having Mega Man 1 – 10 on one disc and they’re all connected. That means once you clear one game you don’t lose the weapons from a previous. How cool would it be to have metal blades to use whenever you want after you defeat Metal Man? Granted this would require Capcom to do a little more than just grabbing the old ROMs and putting them on a new format, but it’s still doable.

Paper Luigi: The Marvelous Compass

During the events of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door you learn of Luigi’s exploits to save Princess Eclair in the far away Waffle Kingdom. You never actual see it, but you can read all about it. So let’s see…The story is already fleshed out, the game engine already exists and a lot of the characters have already been created. So why not turn this once in-game joke into an actual playable game? I’ve loved the Paper Mario series and having a Paper Luigi story in a brand new kingdom would definitely be a welcomed addition.

Mega Man Legends 3

This game was the reason I planned to get a Nintendo 3DS and also the reason why I am a member of 100,000 Strong for Bringing Back Mega Man Legends 3. Capcom finished a playable prototype of the game, it just never got released. That means a huge chunk of the games physics engine is done, if not already complete. People have been clamoring for this game since it was cancelled. If Capcom doesn’t think a new Mega Man Legends game could be profitable, then why not sell the licensing rights to a company that does. I can think of one.

Final Fantasy DPS
Final Fantasy DPS

I’m a fan of JRPGs, but I’m not a fan of consistently toggling through menus during battles. That’s why I usually just load my party up with the best DPS and pummel the crap out of the enemies. So for me an awesome game would be to take three of my favorite DPS from the Final Fantasy series (ie. Wakka, Sabin and Steiner) and put them in their very own game called Final Fantasy DPS. Not sure if it would sell, but it would still be awesome as hell to watch Sabin suplex a train in HD.

Lost Vikings 3
Lost Vikings 3

Blizzard has a lot of money. So how about taking a tiny little portion of that, get a team of 5 – 10 people together and develop Lost Vikings 3? You could release it as DLC on all the consoles, for the PC and the mobile devices. It doesn’t have to have super flashy graphics. It just has to be fun…And while you’re at it, how about remaking Rock ‘n Roll Racing too.

Now there’s no telling if these games will ever be made. Some make sense while others are just the ramblings of a fanboy. Nonetheless, they’re all games I am sad were never made.

1. Monocleman
    Monocleman says:
    September 19, 2012 at 11:28 am #

I’ve also been yearning for a new Pokemon Snap, but im not a big fan of the augmented reality… I’d rather have a Pokemon Snap like the one from N64… Good times…

• jameswalker85
      jameswalker85 says:
      September 21, 2012 at 4:51 am #

Indeed. Using the AR would require us to use the AR cards. Rather than this, I’d prefer a game that plays like the N64 game, but using the motion sensors to aim (with the option to use the stick for those who don’t want to look stupid when playing in public).

2. TheyCallMeTomu
    TheyCallMeTomu says:
    September 19, 2012 at 11:50 am #

Paper Luigi would make a good fan project.

3. Triaxx2
    Triaxx2 says:
    September 19, 2012 at 12:29 pm #

I always expected Mega Man Legend’s 3 to be on the Wii. I mean, look how well Metroid Prime 3 turned out with an arm mounted cannon? Well enough that they remade the previous two to use it.

4. JJB
    JJB says:
    September 19, 2012 at 1:12 pm #

The megaman/Megaman X collections never came out in the UK for some unkown reason XP So even a re-release of the original collections would be nice over here even.

5. Rock_Vbrg
    Rock_Vbrg says:
    September 19, 2012 at 1:16 pm #

Dream Radar is going to be similar to the Pokemon Snap game you want. It will be a download for the 3DS to go with the new Pokemon Black and White 2.

6. BigLord
    BigLord says:
    September 19, 2012 at 1:44 pm #

*raises hand enthusiastically for Lost Vikings 3*

I loved both previous games.

• DeltaBladeX
      DeltaBladeX says:
      September 19, 2012 at 4:45 pm #

Lost Vikings games were epic. I finished the original so many times back on the Mega Drive.

• Klaster_1
      Klaster_1 says:
      September 19, 2012 at 11:17 pm #

I didn’t play any of Lost Vikings, but Trine series probably deliver same experience with lovely execution and soul.

7. Smuggles
    Smuggles says:
    September 19, 2012 at 9:20 pm #

I am a large fan of Lost Vikings. But honestly the game that takes the cake is Star Control 2. that games need a true sequel so bad.

If you haven’t played it, it is free under the remake UrQuan Masters

8. David
    David says:
    September 19, 2012 at 11:19 pm #

I hate myself for saying it, but part of me is sort of glad Mega Man Legends on the 3DS was never made. I love Legends, and I think I’d really enjoy playing Legends 3 no matter what it was on, but it felt like they were just going to phone it in on the 3DS.
    Personally I’d prefer they just went with a console (failing that PSN/XBLA digital only). The framework is already there. The engine they used for the Dead Rising one-shots can run the first two Legends games with not much more than the addition of a proper targeting system, a retune of the controls and a UI overhaul. They could be very lazy and still produce a solid end to the trilogy.

9. Jeff
    Jeff says:
    September 20, 2012 at 8:46 am #

Rock n Roll racing was a blast. I’d love to see a new one. Paper Luigi sounds like a great idea as well.

10. Optimus MO'FO Prime
    Optimus MO'FO Prime says:
    September 21, 2012 at 2:57 am #

MMPU2. That is all. *coughinfinitemetalbladesandquickboomerangscough*

11. Nemo
    Nemo says:
    September 22, 2012 at 11:49 pm #

They drug back NFL Blitz, so why not NHL Hitz??? Or was I the only person who loved that game?

12. Nam-Ereh-Won
    Nam-Ereh-Won says:
    September 24, 2012 at 9:33 am #

I’ve actually been working on a flash game with MM1-10 where you can use weapons across games and unlock Robot Masters a la MMPU. >.>