Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

There’s a lot of talk about the Mighty No. 9 KickStarter right now, and rightly so, but in the process another deserving KickStarter seems to be getting overlooked.

WayForward, the makers of Ducktales Remastered, Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?! and Contra 4, are looking towards KickStarter to fund the next installment of their Shantae franchise entitled Shantae: Half-Genie Hero.

Now, I know I already mentioned this project on Facebook a week ago, but I wanted to share it on the actual Dueling Analogs site as well in order to garner some more attention for their worthy goal. If you’re unfamiliar with the series, the KickStarter page does a very good job of bringing you up to speed on the franchise.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero ScreenshotsShantae: Half-Genie Hero Screenshots

Now as someone who is a fan of the Shantae series and has already pledged to support this project, I highly recommend you do the same.

source: Kickstarter

1. FinalCataclsym
    FinalCataclsym says:
    September 16, 2013 at 3:45 pm #

Thank you very much for further bringing attention to a game that deserves some real spotlight.

2. blacknight
    blacknight says:
    September 16, 2013 at 4:01 pm #

thank you ever so much, with your shout out it is possible we’ll be one step closer to having this game funded

3. SparklingLimeade
    SparklingLimeade says:
    September 16, 2013 at 5:55 pm #

Yes. Yes! I was wondering how far we’d get into the stretch goal when I found this and yet it’s not even funded by now. This is awful.

4. Armane
    Armane says:
    September 16, 2013 at 6:56 pm #

It’s a shame, but at this rate we’re probably not going to even reach beyond the Risky Mode stretch goal. Hopefully we’ll see some of the stretch goals appear as DLC or something once the game is out.

5. Mygaffer
    Mygaffer says:
    September 16, 2013 at 8:36 pm #

This game looks awesome, I will definitely be backing when I get home. I love to back projects like this as I get to help a game that may be overlooked by a traditional publisher get made while hopefully allowing the developer to keep their own IP.

6. Incairne
    Incairne says:
    September 18, 2013 at 1:09 am #

I’d back this, if I didn’t already sink my money into other endeavors already. Maybe if I find some pocket change before the limit I can donate. It does look like a fun platformer all in all. Would love to see this get developed.

7. Hugo Bellavance
    Hugo Bellavance says:
    September 18, 2013 at 10:54 am #

Looks cool, remind me of kabuki quantum fighter with the hair attack….!

8. Fox
    Fox says:
    September 19, 2013 at 3:28 pm #

And here I thought we were talking Contra 4 HD – but still on XBLA (not XB One and PS4 exclusive).