Brand New Sega MegaDrive/Genesis RPG

Brand New Sega MegaDrive/Genesis RPG

Did you know that a new Sega MegaDrive/Genesis RPG was released about two weeks ago? Me neither. But I wish I would have so I could have asked for it for Christmas.

Pier Solar

That game I am referencing is Pier Solar which was developed by a small indie group called Water Melon and released on December 20th. From the screencaps and YouTube vids I’ve seen it looks like it shaped up to be a pretty decent title. Unfortunately, without a physical copy to test my opinion is merely speculation *hint*. So, I guess I’ll just have to let you speculate, as well. With…

Pier Solar Screencaps

…Pier Solar Screencaps…

…and a really cool video that demonstrates the enhanced audio connectivity by using the Mega-CD/Sega CD add-on.

Nonetheless, I really want to get a copy of this. And if you’re like me and looking to obtain a copy as well, you can order one from their official website or just go there for more information. Regardless, it’s cool to see something this professional coming out for a twenty year old console. It means there’s still some hope for Keith Courage in Alpha Zones II.

1. Luna Mystica
    Luna Mystica says:
    January 3, 2011 at 11:46 am #

This is just awesome!

2. Wilerson
    Wilerson says:
    January 3, 2011 at 2:38 pm #

I’m waiting for my copy to arrive. I have pre-ordered this game 2+ years ago. Had already given up on it being actually released :P

• Steve Napierski
      Steve Napierski says:
      January 3, 2011 at 3:36 pm #

When you get it make sure to drop me a line and let me know how it is.

3. TheyCallMeTomu
    TheyCallMeTomu says:
    January 3, 2011 at 4:10 pm #

Poor bastards, eventually people will just rip it as a ROM and play it on emulators.

• Steve Napierski
      Steve Napierski says:
      January 3, 2011 at 4:35 pm #

True, but you can say that about almost every game.

4. Sethiroth
    Sethiroth says:
    January 4, 2011 at 9:09 pm #

There will never be a sequel to Keith Courage. Or at least there’s no hope for it because of this. There IS hope because a new Bonk game was created recently though.

5. Pie
    Pie says:
    January 4, 2011 at 10:05 pm #

Wow, the difference in sound quality is quite amazing! I would really love to get the game, but I never actually owned a Sega Genesis (I had a SNES) and I don’t think I would be able to obtain a console now. I guess that’s the one downside to releasing a game decades after the console has become little more than dusty trophies; the console isn’t exactly available for purchase.

I guess there’s always pirating, but I feel pretty shitty about pirating stuff, especially since I’d like to work in the video game industry someday (possibly).

• Serneum
      Serneum says:
      January 5, 2011 at 6:17 pm #

I was looking on eBay because I don’t have the system and the game looks awesome. You can actually find quite a few on there for some decent prices.